Red Bag Solutions unveils ozone sterilization and maceration (OSM)
system for bio-hazardous waste management
6 December 2011
Red Bag Solutions launched its new, patent-pending Ozone
Sterilization and Maceration (OSM) system for bio-hazardous waste
management at MEDICA 2011.
Ozone sterilization and maceration is more environmentally
friendly and less costly than other bio-hazardous waste management
Ozone is a powerful oxidant capable of destroying bacteria and
viruses. OSM-processed waste is sterilized, safe, and
unrecognizable. On-site OSM processing eliminates the potential
liability associated with spills and mishandling during transport
because OSM-processed material is guaranteed safe before it leaves
the premises. It can be recycled or disposed of with ordinary
“The responsible and economical disposal of bio-hazardous waste
presents an enormous challenge for the healthcare, pharmaceutical
and biotech industries,” said Don Millard, CEO of Red Bag Solutions.
“Our new OSM system represents a giant leap forward in sustainable
bio-hazardous waste management.”
Red Bag OSM is designed to process:
- Biological agents and infectious materials;
- Needles, syringes and disposable surgical instruments;
- Pathogens: bacterial, viral, fungi, prions or proteinaceous
- Some pharmaceuticals;
- Blood, blood products and body fluids;
- Contaminated animal carcasses (less than 40 pounds) and
- Contaminated plastics;
- Sharps containers/needle boxes; and
- Confidential media and proprietary materials.
Source: Red Bag OSM.