Society of Nuclear Medicine holds its 52nd annual meeting June 18-22
6 April 2005
Nearly 4,000 physicians, technologists, scientists and pharmacists will
gather in Toronto when the Society of Nuclear Medicine holds its 52nd Annual
Meeting June 18-22 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Representatives of the media are invited to join industry professionals
as they share research, learn about the latest breakthroughs and trends in
nuclear medicine and discuss important issues in the field that have been
Sessions for physicians, technologists and scientists at the 2005 meeting
- dementia imaging: metabolism, blood flow and beyond
- nuclear cardiology primer: understanding the basics of nuclear
- molecular imaging 101
- inflammation imaging: are nuclear medicine methods still important?
- innovative techniques in radionuclide therapy
- terrorism using radioactive materials: what nuclear medicine
professionals should know
- PET/CT radiation safety considerations and site planning
- functional imaging in clinical epilepsy
Additional sessions will focus on the role of nuclear medicine in the
diagnosis and treatment of cancer, as well as cardiac, neurological and
other disorders. A press briefing will be held on Monday, June 20.
To obtain a preliminary schedule and information about registering for
the meeting, visit
Media representatives should contact Maryann Verrillo, SNM public
relations manager, by e-mail at
email@example.com or by phone at +1 (703) 708-9000, ext. 1211.
About the Society of Nuclear Medicine
The Society of Nuclear Medicine is an international scientific and
professional organization of more than 15,000 members dedicated to promoting
the science, technology and practical applications of nuclear medicine. SNM
is based in Reston, Va, USA; additional information can be found online at
Contact: Maryann Verrillo
Society of Nuclear Medicine